Saturday, February 17, 2007

2nd week

It was a sunny beautiful day in Downtown Portland at the square. I got there a little late this morning and scanned the area for anybody who might be carrying a sketch book, but found nobody. So as far as I know it was just me again at the weekly pdx sketch meet. It was fun regardless.


There were a lot of people out today enjoying the sun. I came to a few conclusions. I really like sketching on the max because your subjects can't get up and walk away while you are drawing them, the downside is that it is kind of hard to draw while the trains is bumping around. But on sunny days like today, people will stand or sit in the square for long periods of time.


I am including a few pages from my sketch book today. The frustrating part is not being able to draw at the level that I really think I should be. But that is what the weekly sketch meet is for. IMPROVEMENT. I really hope to some others will join up.


I would also like to state that I am not liable if somebody gets upset at you for drawing them. If somebody looks irritated stop drawing them. I have yet to even have anybody say anything negative to me. I try not to make it too obvious that I am drawing them. I particularly enjoy drawing people who are dozing of on the train because you can stare at them all you want.

No comments: