Saturday, February 10, 2007

PDX Sketch First Meet!

Today was the first official PDX Sketch meet. Yours truly was the only one in attendance, though I did here some interest from some of the students at school, so I still feel strongly that this group will take off. I started at the Beverton Transit Center this morning at 10:30 and stopped at pioneer courthouse square at 11:00.

It was a little chilly, but man, the drawing potential is unlimited at that place. I can't wait for the warmer weather when all sorts of people will be hanging out down there, just ripe for the drawing. As well there is great architecture and objects to draw. Next week I think I will do some Hot Dog stand studies while I am there. After about an hour at the square the weather started to look like it was going to rain so I hoped on the light rail and rode out to Gresham and back to BTC, all the while drawing as many people as I was able to.

Anybody with a desire to draw is welcome to join this sketch group/blog. It is a lot of fun. Next weeks meet should be at the same time and place, or maybe I was thinking that the PSU park blocks would be a fun place to go.
Here are a few pages from today's sketch book.



No comments: